- 1-1/4 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced into ½-inch strips
- ¼ cup fat-free Italian dressing
- 2 teaspoons chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 onions, sliced
- 1 green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- In a large zipper-lock plastic bag, combine the sliced chicken, Italian dressing and chili powder. Squeeze out the air and seal the bag, turning and squeezing to coat the chicken. Refrigerate to marinate at least 30 minutes. (Marinate longer, perhaps overnight, to enhance flavor even more.
- Lightly coat a large skillet nonstick spray and place over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and marinade and cook, stirring frequently, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 8 – 10 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a large bowl and cover it to keep warm.
- Lightly coat the same skillet with more cooking spray. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally until beginning to soften, about 5 minutes. Add the green and red peppers and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 7 minutes longer.
- Add the cooked chicken back into the skill and stir to combine and heat through, about 2 more minutes.
- Serve with tortillas, beans, or rice and your favorite garnishes such as salsa, shredded cheese, lime wedges and/or guacamole.
COOK’S NOTES :
Nutritional Estimates Per Serving (1/4 chicken and vegetables): 216 calories, 1g fat, 32 g protein, 14g carbs, 7g sugar, 2g fiber, 4 PointsPlus, 2 SmartPoints