LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SHRIMP WITH ZUCCHINI NOODLES – HEAVENLY! THESE DELICIOUS SHRIMPS MAKE A FANTASTIC COMPLETE MEAL WITH HEALTHY ZUCCHINI NOODLES. THE AROMA AND FLAVOR OF THE LEMON GARLIC BUTTER SAUCE ARE SERIOUSLY THE BEST! LOW CARB, PALEO, KETO, AND GLUTEN-FREE, ENJOY FOR A LIGHT LUNCH, DINNER, OR EVEN MEAL PREP.
1 pound (450g) raw medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
4 medium zucchini
1 tablespoons olive oil
4 tablespoons softened butter, or ghee, divided
4 garlic cloves, finely chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
1/4 cup (60ml) chicken or vegetable stock (or white wine)
Hot sauce of your choice, to taste (we used Sriracha)
Salt and fresh cracked pepper, to taste
1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
1. Wash and trim the ends of the zucchini. Make the zucchini pasta using a spiralizer or julienne peeler and set aside.
2. Heat 1 tablespoon oil and 2 tablespoons butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp in one layer and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook for one minute without stirring, so the bottom of the shrimps get slightly browned.
3. Add the chopped garlic, Italian seasoning, and red pepper flakes and then stir the shrimp for another minute or two to cook the other side. Transfer the shrimp to a shallow plate.
4. In the same pan, add remaining butter, lemon juice, chicken or vegetable stock, and hot sauce to the pan. Bring the sauce to a simmer for 2-3 minutes, stirring regularly.
5. Stir in the zucchini noodles and cook until done, about 2 minutes, stirring regularly. Allow the sauce to reduce a bit if it’s too watery. Add the shrimp back to the pan and stir for another minute. Serve immediately with lemon slices, extra parsley, and pepper. Enjoy!
Notes: Sometimes, zucchini tends to render some water while cooking, so you can sprinkle zucchini pasta with salt and let sit in a colander while you’re cooking shrimp. Press with your hands to remove excess water; then rinse and drain thoroughly before adding to the pan.